Do you have what it takes to survive?
From natural disasters like volcanoes, earthquakes and shark attacks to human-made events such as the sinking of the Titanic to the bombing of Pearl Harbor, the I Survived series puts the reader at the center of the action. Join STEM Read, author Lauren Tarshis, and university experts for an immersive, hands-on survival game. Use your quick thinking and creative problem-solving skills to complete a variety of challenges and get your team out alive. Challenges include–
• Math and Engineering
• Human Psychology & Ethics
• Animal Behavior
• Disaster Preparedness
• And more!
• 8:30 AM – Arrival
• 9:00 – Noon – I Survived: The STEM Read Experience
• Noon-1 PM – Lunch and Booth Explorations with NIU Experts
• 1 – 2 PM – Author Lauren Tarshis
- We strongly recommend that students read from the book series before attending.
- The field trip is designed for students in grades 4 to 8.
- Payment must be received by March 1 or we will release your spots to students on the wait list.
- If you want to register more than 100 students, contact Gillian King-Cargile at email@example.com as soon as possible.